2019 is approaching rapidly, and many are flocking to their notepads to write down their New Years’ resolutions. Some will choose to work on improving their financial, mental and spiritual health; and most will be eyeing their physical wellbeing. As strange as it may sound, for men, this should include steps for improving their penis health.
Why? Well, all aspects of our wellbeing are interconnected, and having a healthy member is no exception. Taking care of the pocket rocket can:
– Contribute to a guy’s self-esteem, helping him feel better about himself;
– Allow him to perform better in the sack, which produces feel-good endorphins, reduces stress, and improves relationship quality;
– Pinpoint problems in the early stages, leading to better chances for successful treatment.
So what steps are necessary for improving penis health? Here are a few:
1) Get physical. The best way to kick-off improving your overall, but especially penis health, is exercising. It’s such a small thing to do, but somehow is the hardest to accomplish. To make it a priority, set your alarm clock across the room 30 minutes earlier than you would normally wake up. The health benefits of exercise are abundant. Cardiovascular heath directly relates to healthy and normal sustained erections, sexual stamina and ability to perform as vigorously as one would like.
2) Watch your diet. Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables goes along with exercising, and your body will slowly but surely start to crave healthy foods, rather than junk. Eating healthy provides necessary nutrients to the body and helps all the organs, including the beloved one south of the border. Eating right also keeps the heart healthy, which is a direct link to the ability to produce and sustain erections. Keeping the arteries free from plaque is essential to optimal sexual health.
3) Keep an eye on it. Self penis exams are a very important part of improving your penis health. It’s easy to do and can be done in a few minutes in the shower. Most doctors recommend doing a self penis exam at least once a month. In addition to regular self-examinations, make sure to schedule your annual check-up and get to the doctor to make sure everything is in tip-top shape, including regular STI checks after each new partner. If unsure about the proper technique for examining the testicular area for lumps, do some research. Quick guide: Take a warm bath or shower, as the warm water will relax the muscles in your testicles, making them easier to handle. Gently examine each testicle with your fingers by placing your index and middle fingers underneath and your thumb directly on top of one of your testicles. Gently roll the testicle around in your fingers, feeling for any irregular sized bumps or lumps within the sack. If anything feels out of the ordinary, seek the advice of medical professional.
4) Quit smoking. This is essential to the well-being of your penis. Nicotine and other chemicals in tobacco products constrict blood vessels, obstructing the blood transport to the penis. This can hurt erections and make it harder to maintain stamina and sexual prowess during sexual activity.
5) Cut back on drinking. Another sure-fire way to improve penis health is to avoid heavy alcohol consumption. Maintain your penis in tip-top shape by keeping your drinking in check. Chronic alcohol abuse can lead to loss of libido, relationship issues and erectile dysfunction. As always, be conscious of the amount you drink and seek professional advice if you feel you have a drinking problem.
6) Practice proper hygiene. After correctly washing the genital area with a lathering antibacterial soap, dry and moisturize your skin with a product made specifically for skin, like a penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin). This particular health crème is a super weapon, containing vitamins and nutrients essential to the wellbeing of private area skin, like vitamin C, for collagen production, and Shea butter, which hydrates the skin leaving the area soft and smooth. Keep the penis skin clean, dry, and hydrated for optimal health.