Studies show that fifty-two percent of men aged 40-70 have some sort of difficulty with erections. Add to that issues like Peyronie’s disease and just good ol’ wear-and-tear, and it’s easy to see why some older men may be kind of distracted with penis health worries. You can’t stop getting older, but a man can make good choices and lifestyle changes that not only preserve his sexual function but make his aging penis better in the long run. Let’s look at all the components of penis health, sexual health, and aging, from what causes issues to what keeps a penis vital and vigorous overtime.
Age is (Mostly) a State of Mind
Contrary to what the world may suggest, aging does not rob one of sexual desire and performance. Albeit, age does like to throw many a wrench into sexual plans. Sure, it’s not the member of your teens and twenties, but there is still a lot of life in that little fella. The first step in bolstering penis health is getting the right mindset around it. If you believe it’s time to shrivel up and kiss the sexual side of life, bye-bye, you’re putting yourself further behind than you should. Repeat this mantra: There is no expiration date on my penis.
The Relationship Connection
There’s nothing wrong with casual sex if that’s your thing. However, it is a bit more challenging to pull off as a man hits his fifties and beyond. Why? Well, knowing there is a significant possibility something may not work as it used to can be a big hit for a man. It can damage his self-esteem, confidence, and lead to performance issues. One thing casual sex generally lacks is sexual vulnerability, which is more often (not always) part of a loving, committed relationship. It is that comfort in knowing the barometer of the union is deeper than lust, which can decrease the pressure to perform like Don Juan every time you hit the sheets. However, that’s not to say there will be issues! Being with a partner may be more erotic, exciting, and fulfilling because you can venture deeper into pleasure and trying new things because of the connection and trust. It’s a safe place that lets a man explore. The psychological and emotional aspects of penis health are often overlooked, but men that see that connection to the physical are better off for it.
Physical Tips to Up Penis Health
All the mental stuff aside, let’s get physical! Here are some great tips for naturally preserving libido and sexual function:
– Exercise at least 30 minutes each day
– Eat a healthy diet full of good fats, lean proteins, and a wide array of colors
– Maintain a healthy weight
– Properly deal with all existing conditions so that they don’t hinder your health overall and your sexual health specifically
– Stop smoking
– Practice moderation with alcohol
– Get plenty of sleep (this ensures you get those 3-4 sleep boners each night which keep the member working)
– Manage stress levels to reduce blood pressure and distraction
– Consider ED medications carefully and with a trusted physician if they are needed
– Have sex often – if you don’t use it, you may lose it (or just make it harder to get hard)
– Have erections, even if they don’t get used – simply flooding the penis will oxygenated blood invigorates the penile tissue, keeping it healthy
– Apply a penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin) daily to keep the delicate penile skin supple and elastic, as well as for its erection boosting properties and protection against nerve damage.
Creating a symphony of the mental, emotional, and physical aspects of penis health will not only make living and loving with an aging penis possible but extremely enjoyable as well.